Ministering the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
After someone is born again, the next step for a new believer is to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. Jesus told His disciples not to leave Jerusalem until they were endued with power from on high (Luke 24:49).
This is an actual ministry session demonstrating how to prepare someone receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and how to encourage them in releasing their prayer language. Everyone is different in how quickly and how fluently they speak in tongues, but the main point is not to rush them. This gentleman came back the following week speaking fluently in his heavenly prayer language. His breakthrough came in the shower.
Here are some suggestions for you as you have opportunity to offer new believers this wonderful gift:
1. Transition: God has another gift for you! It is the power to live the Christian life. Would you like to hear more about this amazing gift?
2. Scriptures for ministering the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
a. The Holy Spirit gives us the power to live the Christian life: Acts 1:8
b. Disciples were baptized with the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues: Acts 2:1-4
c. When you speak in tongues, you are speaking to God: 1 Corinthians 14:2
d. The Holy Spirit helps us pray: Romans 8:26-27
e. The disciples laid their hands on those who desired this gift: Acts 19:6
f. To receive this gift of the Holy Spirit, we just need to ask: Luke 11:9-13
3. Question: Would you like to receive this gift?
4. Pray with them, lay hands on them, believe with them!
5. Encourage them in releasing their prayer language.
A helpful minibook on this topic is The Bible Way to Receive the Holy Spirit by Kenneth E. Hagin, available from rhema.org